Friday 28 August 2009

Spoonished!




Well, here's the spoon. There were a couple of small changes along the way as usual. I haven't really made anything other than jewellery for a few years now. It was quite refreshing to work on something that isn't to be worn for a change. No pin, no catch, nothing! A practical object, maybe not, but it is still only the beginning of an idea. A testpiece really. I like the fact that it looks like two different pieces. Maybe there will be more spoons to come. Who knows....maybe when I have a bit more spare time on my hands.
My spoon is on it's way to join all the other spoons as we speak :)

Above the spoon pics is our gallery poster for the festival. This is the last weekend that we will be open. Tomorrow and Sunday 11-6. Since this is the last weekend, we have made a special effort to bring in some more jewellery, bags, prints and wood and silver work. So if you haven't been down yet, come take a look. It's all very beautiful :)

No comments: