Sunday 2 August 2009

Preparing or NOT preparing for the week ahead!




Today has not been very productive. But then I guess it is Sunday! I was meant to start gutting the studio so there wasn't much work to do in the week (as there is little time as there is!). However, I did pop into the studio to hand in my work for the Coburg Gallery in preparation for the Open Studio exhibition. Here are the three pieces I will be displaying in our new gallery!
None of them are new pieces but I thought they would sit nicely as a group.

The Daisy wrist corsage (first photo above) was made a couple of years ago as part of a limited addition. There are about 6 or 7 in total. The idea came from making up buttonholes, bag corsages and wrist corsages for wedding parties and guests at the flower shop.
I thought it would be great if you could have a wrist corsage that wasn't made for just one day and then disposed off. The precious flower has two flat loops on the back where the ribbon threads through. It can be worn tied around the wrist a number of times, or just once with the rest of the ribbon flowing. The ribbon is interchangeable, so you can wear any colour to suit your outfit for your special occasion.

Tomorrow I will be in the flower shop and then down to the studio to tackle the mess! The joy :)

No comments: