Wednesday 24 February 2010

Framed


For those of you who came to the Open Studios at Coburg House in December you will have seen how I displayed my new work. For those of you who didn't, above is a photo! I didn't take any photos myself (shame on me!), however I was pleased to find that Erin Daly (also a Coburg jeweller) had! www.erinjdaly.blogspot.com
Thanks Erin :)
Originally, I found these 1950s/1960s photo frames in charity shops around Stockbridge and Leith, and I am now on the lookout for some more! If any of you know where I could get hold of any, please let me know. I've already had a peek on Ebay, but no luck unfortunately. I realise it's quite difficult to see from this picture the details on the trims, but I hope you get the picture!
I'm hoping to add some more to the display for the 'Craft at Coburg' Exhibition in June and the next Open Studios in August.

I have ordered some stones today, mostly labradorites and garnets just because I love them! I plan to make more work in the snowbud and mirror ranges as they have proved to be very popular and have hardly hit the galleries yet! Before I go full speed ahead though, I must finish what I have been working on first. Again, I promise they will be posted up soon!
I have had some lovely time off recently, spent with family and friends, wining, dining and retail therapy!! Now, I'm just finding where I left off again at the studio.

Remember the 15% discount is still on until the 1st March!!!

Dx

No comments: