Sunday 8 November 2009

'Made in Clerkenwell' Winter Open Studios




I have been busy working away at the studio all weekend and have managed to get quite alot done! I am currently working on new work for 'Made in Clerkenwell' Winter Open Studios. For details, check the Craft Central link on the side.
The talented Helen Beard has kindly offered myself and fellow Coburger Andrea Walsh to share her studio especially for Craft Central's Open Studio weekend. We will all being showing our work together. Check out their websites. Both Helen (bottom image) and Andrea (middle) produce beautiful ceramics. They are probably my two favorite ceramicists. I'm not bias!!!
www.andreawalsh.co.uk
Link www.helenbeard.com

While I was in London last month I made a visit to Hatton Garden and bought some lovely strings of stones. My favorite ones are some rough cut labradorites which I have incorporated into a new large cluster neckpiece. I am quite excited about it! Once I have made some other pieces with these stones, I wil post some pics up.

I am also working on some other designs which tie in a little with the some of the cufflink shapes and forms.

And finally.........although a bit late, as promised I have posted some more pics of the new cufflinks (above). Hope you like. Not all the photos are great as some of them were taken in a bit of a rush before send off for Dazzle!
Dazzle has just opened at the Royal National Theatre and is on until mid january, so if you're around and about the South Bank, go and have a look. I will be :)

No comments: