Wednesday 7 October 2009

A taste of cufflinks



Here are some of the cufflinks I have been making over the last two weeks. There are quite a few other designs and hopefully variations of each. For example, oxidizing, texture and gold leaf. I haven't used gold leaf since I was at college, but thought I would give it a go and see how it would look. I'll let you know how it turns out.
I haven't done any men's jewellery at all before. I thought it would be good to broaden my range and market. Actually, I did make a pair of cufflinks once as a present but they were just too dainty for a man and broke quite quickly! I guess I've always just been used to making feminine, light jewellery! I promise you though, these aren't! And they won't break! Another reason I wanted to try the cufflinks was to get me thinking of new ideas and something a bit chunkier.
At the DAZZLE exhibition in London (check link for details) there is always a separate section for men. Thinking I might add a couple of small man brooches in there which are in the middle of production as we speak! Not sure about them just yet or whether there is a market for man brooches?

I'll be putting more images of cufflinks on with prices at the end of the month. They will be starting from £65. So watch this space if you think your husband, father, or whoever might like them for christmas :)

Not long back from bag making class which was good. It has been a long day, so relaxing bath, then bed for me.

Goodnight
x

No comments: