Saturday 19 February 2011

Make your Own Wedding Rings





www.makeweddingrings.co.uk

Well hello! Apologies for not keeping you up to date with what's been happening recently. I have to admit I haven't really made anything since before Christmas. That doesn't mean to say I haven't been busy though! Amongst tax returns and planning the year ahead, myself and Hannah Louise Lamb have a new and exciting venture to share with you all! As you may have guessed from the title, we are setting up a workshop where couples who are about to get married can come and use our studio and our expertise for the day to make each others wedding rings! Check our new blog for more details! Bookings are now being taken!

Over the weekend, I had a visitor over from the Isle Of Arran. Ann spent the day with me in my studio making wedding rings for her friends. She made a lovely pair of 18ct white gold polished rings! You can see her in action in the photos above!
Ann's request to do this with me was the source of inspiration that led myself and Hannah to our idea for 'Make your own wedding rings'! So thank you Ann! :)

I am also taking on one to one students now. So if you fancy learning the basic traditional techniques of jewellery making, or if you've had a bit of experience already and would like to learn more, please get in touch. We can discuss what it is you would like to do or I could set you a project! It's up to you! You can book for a five session block which is £200 (£20 an hour).

Have a good week!
D x


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks Donna, It was a great day making the rings. I learned a lot, you're a patient teacher. Your idea of "make your own wedding rings" is a great one.I wish you lots of luck with it.
thanks again
ann

Donna Barry said...

It was a pleasure Ann! I'm glad you enjoyed it :) x

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
kennady said...

I really love her work. Simple wedding rings are so chic, I think.

Leesa said...

Its insane, that is what i can say concerning this post. Because this def is what the whole thing is about right? Keep it up! So very important in wedding rings.